Another week, another beta build! This week we:
- Did a complete overhaul of the level design for mazes 0 to 14.
- We didn’t enjoy the feeling of designing “tutorial mazes” then “regular mazes”
- We instead are trying to design a whole game rather than a segmented one, spreading out new mechanics and gameplay over many many levels
- Significant refactoring to improve initial load time (~6s on WebGL and my LG G5 down from 30s) and overall performance.
- Created a set of materials for most models for both mobile and desktop, with mobile ones having more performant shaders while sacrificing little aesthetic differences. Also wrote a handy tool to hot swap them so we don’t have to have 2 sets of prefabs (which would have made changing any prefab a nightmare).
- A stupid amount of bugfixes, most of which were caused by #2.
Here’s a quick glimpse at our new level design: